Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Delayed Voyaging


April 1, 1502
Oh what miserable pain I have undertook today. I was going to be an apprentice to Christopher Columbus on his 4th voyage, but now I am not going. Today I decided to be a risk-taker and try to sneak over the wall of the girls’ boarding school to say goodbye to my dearest girlfriend. I was making great progress, and I was shrouded from being seen. However, the ledge on which I was standing collapsed under my feet. It made a big raucous and all the ladies peeked over the edge and too catch a glimpse to find out what the noise was. They saw me, under the rubble, and the girls quickly alerted the headmaster of the school. From there I had to run from the school as the headmasters chased me through the courtyard. I knew I must escape, and the walls enclosing the school were my only option. I leapt through the air onto the lattis and tried to climb up the wall. However, I missed my step and fell very awkwardly on my leg, shattering the bones. The pain went numb instantly, and I was rushed to the surgical officer. I underwent surgery immediately. It was successful, but alas I will not be able to learn from Columbus. I had looked forward to the voyage, but I had brought this upon myself. I will heal up and voyage again very soon.

No comments: