Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Voyage to Cuba


May 13, 1511
When Diego Velazquez asked me to join him on his voyage to Cuba, I was ecstatic. We would be sailing for the country of Spain, to conquer the island of Cuba. It started off well at first, however, things have taken a turn of worst. We have had to fight off the Native Americans, and I have been violently killing them, shedding their blood across their native soil. They have not been willing to cooperate with us, and we have been forced to take matters into our own hands. However, that is not in the best interests in our plans, we just wanted to peacefully conquer the islands. The civilians hate me, and they have thrown me in jail, due to the fact I have not married Catalina. I was publicly humiliated when I had to marry her in public, and it was a low point in my life. This voyage has not gone smoothly, but I think smoother seas are ahead.

No comments: